Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good Old Nursery Rhymes

In one of our nursery rhyme books, we have a nursery rhyme that I'd never heard of before.  It goes through a conversation between church bells and then at the end it says, "Here comes a lighter to light you to bed.  Here comes a chopper to chop off your head.  Chip, chop, chip, chop, the last man's head."  When I finished reading this nursery rhyme to the boys for the first time, I said something like "Ew.  That's disgusting!" and that's all it took for it to become an instant favorite with my man cubs.  Gideon has had the last part of that rhyme memorized for a long time, but it came as a surprise last week when Silas pointed at the light and said "light" and then said, "chip-chop, chip-chop, the last man's head."  What a lovely thing for an 18 month old to have memorized!

Here is Gideon reciting both that rhyme and "Fe-Fi, Fo-Fum" (another favorite).

Here is Silas.  I couldn't decide which video was cuter, so I put them both up.

2 comments:

mom said...

These will be watched over and over again. They're so cute! I didn't realize that Silas was talking so much!

Kodie said...

I loved these!