Tuesday, November 13, 2012
The Boy Who Cried Ant
For the first time since being in Las Vegas, we've had a steady trickle of ants coming into our kitchen during the past week. This has thrilled Gideon and Silas. Like most little boys, they love bugs and they think ants are particularly cute. If they can get an ant to crawl on their hands or up their arms, it entertains them for a very long time. On Sunday, Gideon had a tiny little ant crawling on him when he suddenly cried that his ant had bitten him. Gideon's mood at the time was such that Peter and I thought it was an attention-getting ploy. We both told him that his ant was way too small to bite. Then yesterday, Silas was playing with an ant in the kitchen when he suddenly started screaming that his ant friend had bitten him. Silas' tears and subsequent terror of the ants in our kitchen eating him up were so obviously real that we knew Gideon had been telling the truth after all. This prompted us to do a little internet research. I now know what fire ants look like. Oops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And good luck getting rid of them. Muggs gave me some stuff named Terro to put on the outside of your house. It worked for awhile, but I have seen a few ants lately, which is weird for winter. Poor kids. I'd be traumatized too.
We covered out bathroom once with sugar water...
Post a Comment