As we were touring around the newly opened WinCo last Monday, Silas was getting sick of being in the shopping cart. Attempting to squirm out of the straps that held him down, he began crying, "I'm a real boy! I'm a real boy!"
One morning I asked Silas what he wanted for breakfast. He said that he wanted strawberries. I told him we didn't have any strawberries. He looked at me and said, in the most authoritative voice he could master, "We are going to have strawberries."
Silas' sassy two-year old attitude often leads him to rebel against things like putting his clothes on, getting a diaper change, etc. I counteract this with reverse psychology. If he cries about getting his pajamas on, for example, I say, "Fine. You can't wear your pajamas." He will immediately start crying about wanting his pajamas and then I can put them on easily. It works like a charm. Well, apparently Gideon has been noting my strategy. One day Gideon and Silas were fighting over a toy sword, so I took it away from both of them. Gideon responded with, "Thank you for taking my toy away! I don't like toys. I don't want toys every day."
3 comments:
Sometimes it's fightening how quick children are to pick up on things. They are little sponges...funny little sponges...and REAL boys!
That is hillarious about Gideon and the reverse psychology...unfortunately, it does only work until they figure it out!
By the way...I love how the comment about being a real boy comes up right next to the picture of Silas dressed as Mega Mind.
Post a Comment